What is PLA?Learning Land Nursery is a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance, the largest early years membership organisation in England. We enrolled in the Reflecting on Quality program to ensure that the quality of childcare we provide is the best. The program reviews our practices, facilities and professional development and works on individuals' strengths and weaknesses. The program took place over the course of 18 months. Our manager, teachers and teaching assistants took part in the program. Our mentor from PLA would come in for training sessions over the course of the 18 months.
What happened at the nursery?By reflecting on quality and improvement, we have implemented many changes along the way. We have made some wonderful changes to the nursery over the course of the program. This includes:
- A sensory garden
- Increased role play
- Plans for a new baby room - we will now be accepting children from the age of 3 months! A lovely baby room is in the process of being made and we'll be welcoming the babies in starting September.
- Changes in our classroom planning
- focus on child development through creativity, imagination, use of age-appropriate activities and materials and planning
- work as a team to create a warm and welcoming environment
- partner with parents to enhance the learning experience for each child
PLA walkaround – reviewing the changes that have been made with our Reflecting on Quality mentor.
This presentation at our nursery documents the changes that have been made and shows how we work with parents, children and the wider community.
What's happening now?
After 18 months of continuous development, PLA representatives visited the nursery to review our changes. The visit went really well and our work was sent to the UK to be reviewed. We are absolutely delighted to inform you that we were accredited and now we are one of very few UAE Nurseries to be credited by the British Preschool Learning Alliance!